Did you know that the ‘Olympic fever’ goes beyond the fans’ hype and excitement for the event?
For an occasion that happens only every four years with painstaking preparations made prior, it’s expected for the Olympics to have a long-lasting impact on people’s lives, especially those who are in the host city.
And it’s not only sports fans who feel the effects.
With this ‘fever’ taking the host city by storm, the property market is just as affected, and in more ways than one.
In this episode, we address the Olympic excitement experienced by property investors. We dive into how the Olympics drive property prices in host cities. We also look at whether or not you should buy a property in the Olympic host city.
We hope you find this episode valuable, and if you do, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at [email protected]! We’d love to know your thoughts!
Also, if you like this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why do we need to talk about this? [03:24]
- The Goldman Sachs Study [07:18]
- The link between the Olympics, marketing, and infrastructure improvement [9:30]
- How marketing for the Olympics drives property prices [14:40]
- What happened during the 2000 Sydney Olympics? [15:54]
- Will the same factors have the same impact on the 2032 Brisbane Olympics? [21:06]
- The economic downside of the Olympics [25:15]
- The impact of the London Olympic announcement on property prices.[28:10]
- The duality of infrastructure improvements during Olympic bids [31:41]
- What’s in it for government officials? [35:28]
- Should you buy a property in Brisbane with the Olympics in mind? [36:50]
- Staying educated on what’s to come until the Brisbane Olympics [41:44]
Links from the Show:
- The house price ratio graph (Source: The Price of Victory: The Impact of the Olympic Games on Residential Real Estate Markets by Constantine Kontokosta)
- The Price of Victory, a study by Constantine E. Kontokosta
- The Impact of the London Olympics Announcement on Property Prices by Georgios Kavetsos
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/jointhecommunity)
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website (https://www.dashdot.com/au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.as.me/discoverycall)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!