- The Investor Lab Website (https://theinvestorlab.com.au)
- The Investor Lab on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/theinvestorlab/)
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- [FREE BOOK] Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ripehouse Advisory Website (http://www.ripehouseadvisory.com.au)
With the world economy seemingly going under in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, lots of everyday investors are having a tougher time knowing which properties to invest in.
Today, we’re joined by Jacob Field, Founder & CEO of Ripehouse Advisory. We cover topics such as changes in the Australian property market, the “swarm intelligence” psyche, and their findings from the COVID-19 vs. Australian Property report.
There’s a lot to unpack in this episode but everything we speak about is truly valuable, especially in the world today. If you are an investor and need a push in the right direction, you’ve come to the right place.
- How Jacob got started with property investing [05:40]
- Is change a good thing when it comes to property investing? [11:33]
- Metrics in building a good property portfolio [14:54]
- How can I find out if a place is good for property investing? [21:25]
- Researching the effects of Coronavirus in the Australian property market [26:26]
- Cause or Effect: Does “swarm intelligence” dictate which areas are better? [37:04]
- Findings within the “COVID-19 vs. Australian Property” report [42:35]
- Looking into areas that are stable for investing in [50:03]
- Population growth will (probably) soon be out of the equation for investing [51:53]
- Well-insulated markets are having 5-7% softening in prices [01:01:35]
About Our Guest:
Jacob Field is the Founder and CEO of Ripehouse Advisory. He’s been successfully investing in property since he was a teenager and now owns properties across Australia. In 2011, his passion for property led him to develop the Ripehouse Platform for analysing suburbs and locating spots within them so that interstate investors could acquire a local’s understanding. Initially a tool that Jacob used in his own research, it was later refined and redesigned for use by other investors and has evolved to be the incredible tool it is today.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!