News headlines are misleading and dishonest at times, so it’s hard to weed out the actual data on the ground. Without understanding the fundamentals, it’s easy to fall with the herd.
Today, Terry Ryder of Hotspotting teaches us how to invest confidently in any economic environment. We unpack a ton of insights about buying properties, locating hotspots, and other valuable information.
Look past the headlines and take your property investing to the next step by tuning in now!
In this episode, we cover:
- News headlines are misleading and at times, dishonest [05:48]
- Fact-based journalism replaced by clickbait, sensational negativity [08:42]
- Real estate is resilient despite what media says [11:38]
- Mortgage freezes are not as prevalent [14:57]
- The simple formula for deciding where to buy properties [20:08]
- The strong elements of finding a property hotspot [24:47]
- Looking at regional areas vs. capital areas [27:08]
- Infrastructure spending is the clue to finding future hotspots [34:07]
- A-grade doesn’t mean expensive: Blue chip or blue collar? [38:27]
- How Adelaide became the new ‘Silicon Valley of Australia’ [41:44]
- Will a decentralized workforce drive the decentralized growth of cities? [44:41]
- Cash flow vs. capital growth in building a property portfolio [47:49]
- The herd mentality is bad for property investment [51:00]
- You have to spend money to make money [52:29]
- Fundamentals of Real Estate don’t change regardless of election outcome [57:54]
Links from the show:
- The Investor Lab Community
- Are there any others mentioned? Any books, suggested searches, resources? Add here
About Our Guest:
Terry Ryder is one of Australia’s most respected property commentators. Having been in the industry for 35 years, he brings extremely deep insights into how to invest safely in our property market. He’s been successful at looking at facts to identify the best markets to invest in the country regardless of whatever price point or strategy you have.
For easy to read, independent information on the best places to invest in, check out Hotspotting