Have you ever seen a suburb or area transition from “dump” to “desirable”?
Isn’t it amazing how organic gentrification can transform an area from being in the economic backwater to the center of diversity and growth?
And, with a little knowledge and foresight, you can start to see the future before it happens.
You see, residents in these areas often don’t see the changes happening around them until it’s too late…
So when you start investing in these places, people can’t help wondering why.
However, as an investor, you have to realise that localisation can mask potential…
And all you need to do is to see beyond what other people can see.
Today’s episode is part three of the ‘Hunting Hotspots’ mini-series.
We’ll talk about what the ‘Ugly Duckling Syndrome’ is…
Why it’s important to be able to foresee an area’s potential…
And so much more!
Unlock the skill of foresight and watch your opportunities grow by tuning in to this episode!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- What is the Ugly Duckling Syndrome and why is it important? [09:48]
- The Ugly Duckling Syndrome is primarily driven by affordability [14:25]
- The Ugly Duckling Syndrome can come from family, friends, and residents of the area [17:06]
- The value of having foresight and seeing an area’s potential [18:11]
- Why is it called “The Ugly Duckling Syndrome”? [21:03]
- Low gentrification areas eventually change [22:54]
- Investors should detach from their emotions when investing [25:21]
Links From the Show:
- Watch the first episode of this series “Before the Hotspot” (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/podcast-ep37-before-the-hotspot-finding-locations-primed-for-growth/)
- Download the “Hunting Hotspots” report (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/resources/#realestatehotspots)
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/jointhecommunity/)
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.as.me/discoverycall)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!