Have you ever wondered what the best investment strategy might be?
Or have you ever considered how different strategies are essentially just different business models?
Wouldn’t it be exciting to start your property investment journey and know it will create more time, freedom, and money for you and your family?
When we feel financially ready, we often jump right into what we think would be a great investment…
Only to end up getting stuck and realising it’s not compatible with who you are or where you want to be.
So, what can you do to prevent this from happening?
By taking a closer look at the different property business models under a microscope and understanding how they work and what they can do to turn a profit…
You’ll be able to avoid making that fatal mistake of getting tied up in a strategy that doesn’t suit your vision and goals.
If you’re someone who’s determined to take the right path but needs help to find the right direction…
Then this episode is perfect for you.
Today, we mark part four of our ‘Property and Business’ series with Charley Valher, designed to help answer the question all business owners must face: “What’s next?”, and get them back on track.
We’ll talk about the different types of business models…
The similarities between online and offline real estate…
What negative gearing is and why it’s a bad strategy…
And heaps more!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- The consequences of choosing the wrong business model [06:16]
- The different types of property business models [10:59]
- The Eisenhower Matrix of business and real estate [13:39]
- Three phases of the investor’s journey [15:57]
- To go faster, you need to slow down [18:37]
- Real estate is a business that consists of the land and the property on top of it [20:42]
- The concept of websites as online real estate properties [23:11]
- Applying online real estate strategies to offline real estate [25:15]
- Capital risks involved in property flipping [27:37]
- Test the waters when trying out new business models [30:57]
- Renovated vs unrenovated properties located in the same area [33:18]
- Blending developments with buy and hold strategies [36:01]
- Leverage creates more time and money in your business [39:32]
- What is negative gearing? [43:00]
- Why negative gearing is a bad strategy [46:10]
- The only way that negative gearing could work [49:40]
- The biggest risk concerning negative gearing [54:29]
- Was the concept of negative gearing a mistake? [57:13]
About Our Guest:
Charley Valher is a household name among business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs. He is the Founder and CPO of Valher Media, helping entrepreneurs scale their business through the business of podcasting. His expertise has helped launch multiple podcasters into becoming one of the best in their field.
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath
- Ready to work with us directly?
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!