Let me ask you… what are you optimising for?
Have you ever felt like you’re stuck on a hamster wheel, and no matter how hard you run, you never seem to get to where you want to go?
Or perhaps you’ve gotten lost, and forgotten why you started on the journey in the first place?
Most of the time, owners and investors get stuck in survival mode…
And resort to constantly playing a game of tactics, rather than playing a game of strategy.
You see, being in business is just like chess…
And in chess, you always need to think (and be) three steps ahead.
This episode is part seven of our ‘Property and Business’ series with Charley Valher, created to help business owners decide on “what’s next” and get them back on track.
We’ll talk about why you should always think of wealth optimisation in every business stage…
How you can still get back on track to wealth optimisation…
Why hyper-focus is a boon and bane for business owners…
And heaps more!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Business owners are more focused on survival rather than optimisation [06:49]
- What is wealth optimisation? [09:50]
- Why you need to think about optimisation in every stage of your business [13:10]
- Money doesn’t always equal to wealth, and BIG doesn’t always mean ‘rich’ [17:47]
- Think about the function your business serves in your wealth creation strategy [20:06]
- Using systems and processes to make the business saleable [22:31]
- The compounding effect of lost opportunity cost [24:28]
- How to get your business back on track to wealth optimisation [27:35]
- Optimising your business’ appearance to the lender [30:18]
- The common middle-class business strategy [32:29]
- Negative-gearing may be a strategy at the initial phase of your business journey [37:22]
- The result of under-investing in your business [40:55]
- Any shift in priority is a reallocation of resources [43:00]
- Hyper-focus is the business owner’s boon and bane [46:59]
- Ask yourself what you are optimising for [50:08]
Links from the show:
No B.S. Marketing to the Affluent by Dan Kennedy (https://amzn.to/3lBtenh)
About Our Guest:
Charley Valher is a household name among business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs. He is the Founder and CPO of Valher Media, helping entrepreneurs scale their business through the business of podcasting. His expertise has helped launch multiple podcasters into becoming one of the best in their field.
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/jointhecommunity)
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website (https://www.dashdot.com/au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.as.me/discoverycall)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!