What if you could achieve significance now and crack the code to lifestyle business mastery? How would it feel to be “in demand” instead of “on demand”?
Everyone wants to be successful and fulfilled in life, but often, we do the exact opposite of what we should be doing and make our lives even more stressful…
And when we lose control, we burn out hard – fast.
Today’s episode is all about finding success and significance, and Jen Du Plessis has heaps of gold to share in achieving just that.
We’ll be talking about her transition from wanting more to optimising for calm…
Why niching down could be beneficial for growth and wealth in business…
Balancing ‘working hard’ with ‘working smart’…
And plenty more.
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Jen’s drive to be in the top 1% of mortgage brokers [04:17]
- An experience on the pursuit of being the best [08:45]
- Her transition from wanting more to optimising for calm [12:51]
- Being on demand vs being in demand [15:39] snippet?
- Niching down to what’s aligned with your core values [17:03]
- The fear that stops business owners from niching down [20:15]
- Did Jen niche down for strategic growth & a higher income, or was the outcome accidental? [24:07]
- Having a focus on building wealth outside of business [27:42]
- Jen’s real estate strategy over the years [31:38]
- The 5 steps of cracking the code to lifestyle business mastery [35:56]
- Has being a female in a male-dominated industry shaped her views on business? [37:37]
- Balancing ‘working hard’ with ‘working smart’ [39:57]
- The ‘Circle of Chaos” [43:23]
- How to ease into micro-level resets & prevent overwhelm [46:19]
- The ‘Trifecta of Triumph’ (working only on the best part of your passion) [49:41]
- Success vs Significance [53:11]
- How can you become ‘significant’ now (rather than later)? [57:25]
Links from the show:
- Visit Jen’s website (https://www.jenduplessis.com/)
- Success to Significance Podcast (https://www.jenduplessis.com/podcast/)
About Our Guest:
During 15 of her 37-year career in the mortgage industry, Jen Du Plessis has been listed in the top 1% of loan officers nationwide, spending 3 years in the top 200 of nationally ranked originators and has funded over $1 Billion in mortgage loans. She is recognized as an Influencer in her industry as the best-selling author of “LAUNCH – How to Take Your Business to New Heights” and top podcast host of Mortgage Lending Mastery. Jen is a highly sought out and charismatic speaker, speaking on stages with icons such as Darren Hardy, Tony Robbins and Les Brown.
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/jointhecommunity)
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website (https://www.dashdot.com/au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.as.me/discoverycall)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!