Businesses fail, but real estate will always have value…
…Real estate does NOT go to zero!
Mike Mortlock from MCG Quantity Surveyors, the funniest man in real estate tax, joins us in this episode to talk about tax depreciation and how you can take advantage of it to maximise your investments.
We also discuss land tax, the future of real estate, property investing trends, and a boatload of other valuable stuff.
If you love this episode, email us at [email protected], and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and share this podcast!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Introduction [00:00]
- How COVID became a good time for the investors [02:00]
- Real Estate won’t go to zero [04:13]
- Tax depreciation is going to put money back in your pocket [05:54]
- How to assess continuity risk properly [07:16]
- What is tax depreciation? [09:42]
- Can homeowners claim depreciation on their house? [13:59]
- Analysing Australia’s alarmingly low insurance rates [21:19]
- Is core inflation on a decline? [25:18]
- Mike’s thoughts on the proposed changes to stamp duty land tax [34:47]
- Signs you’re ready to get a depreciation schedule [41:41]
Mike Mortlock is the Managing Director at MCG Quantity Surveyors, Australia’s fastest-growing QS firm and one of Australia’s top 100 fastest-growing companies (AFR Fast 100).
He has helped thousands of property investors maximize their tax depreciation deductions and the cash flow of their investments, from residential investors to commercial sites above 100 million in construction value.
Connect with Us:
- See our other Podcasts: (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/)
- Watch on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInvestorLab)
- Listen on Spotify (https://spoti.fi/3Np19x8)
- Dashdot Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.com.au/discovery)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!