Interest rate rises have significantly affected many property investors in various ways…
Some investors who might’ve had positive cashflow properties are no longer positive.
If you want to know how we can traverse this critical state of affairs, it is necessary to learn how to adapt so you can leverage it to your advantage.
In today’s episode, we are joined again by our resident tax expert Jeremy Iannuzzelli to discuss the best approach to navigate this current economic climate. We talk about negative gearing, negative cashflow tax deductions, how you can take advantage of the circumstances, and more!
If you love this episode, email us at [email protected], and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and share this podcast!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Introduction [00:00]
- The state of the property market during Christmas season [01:44]
- Positive gearing versus positive cash flow [04:57]
- The difference between cash deductions and non cash deductions [11:16]
- Australia’s marginal tax rate system [15:20]
- Tax deductible expenses [19:24]
- Turning negative property to a positive cash flow property [22:29]
- The beauty of inflation and compounding returns [25:49]
- Losses carried forward can be utilized against capital gains [30:51]
Connect with Us:
- See our other Podcasts: (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/)
- Watch on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInvestorLab)
- Listen on Spotify (https://spoti.fi/3Np19x8)
- Dashdot Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.com.au/discovery)
- Get your Property Portfolio Growth Plan (https://dashdot.com.au/portfoliogrowthplan)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!