With the current state of the global economy, the effects of surging inflation can feel threatening to many people, especially property investors.
So, how do we get out of this collective predicament unscathed without breaking the bank? How can we best prepare ourselves, when rising interest rates are beyond our control?
In today’s episode, Gabi is joining me to look into real interest rates and real cost of capital. We also discuss the practicality of deploying capital in this economic climate and how you can lessen your financial paranoia by making more financially sound choices and adopting a healthy, positive mindset.
If you love this episode, email us at [email protected], and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and share this podcast!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Introduction [00:00]
- The impact of interest rates on cash flow [04:31]
- Global supply chain disruptions [07:59]
- The possibility of a recession in the near future [12:00]
- How is the money in your bank account affected by inflation? [15:02]
- Real interest rates vs nominal interest rates [17:48]
- How inflation weakens purchasing power [20:21]
- The real cost of capital [25:28]
- What is arbitrage and how can you benefit from it? [27:34]
- Making good decisions for the future [34:37]
Connect with Us:
- See our other Podcasts: (https://theinvestorlab.com.au/)
- Watch on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInvestorLab)
- Listen on Spotify (https://spoti.fi/3Np19x8)
- Dashdot Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.com.au/discovery)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!