On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your financial IQ?
And, if you’re honest, how would you rate your ability to tell a good investment strategy from a bad one?
You see, most of the time, we invest in what we initially thought was a “good idea”…
Only to end up wasting time, energy and money in lost opportunity cost..
However, by gaining a better understanding of your own financials in congruence with how the game of life is being played…
You can stay on track and accelerate yourself towards the life that you desire.
Today is the second part of our ‘Property and Business’ series with Charley Valher, Founder and CPO of Valher Media.
A series designed to help answer the question that all business owners must face…
And today, we’ll talk about what makes property investing different for business owners…
How they can go about debt financing and make it work for them…
Why Rentvesting is a good way to save up on your taxes…
And heaps more!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Goals and desires can be the same, but achieved in different ways [05:33]
- Borrowing is more challenging for business owners than it is for employees [08:23]
- Be cautious of how heavily you invest in your business (for taxes) [12:15]
- Buying new, unnecessary equipment to save up on tax is a bad idea [14:12]
- Clear out your debts first before investing in real estate [17:47]
- Credit card liabilities affect your borrowing capacity – even when fully-paid [19:32]
- A lender’s risk assessment of your finances & their risk tolerance [22:14]
- Risk assessment of digital assets may be harder for lenders [26:53]
- Taxes in relation to business owners and real estate investment [28:45]
- Should you set up separate trust accounts for each property or asset? [34:03]
- How separate trust structures impact tax rates for your properties [37:30]
- There is no one-size-fits-all strategy for different financial circumstances [39:07]
- The ‘secret to success’ regardless of financial background [43:22]
- How Rentvesting allows you to reduce your taxes [45:20]
- Life can be easy, but it’s our job to work out how to make it so [48:15]
- Rentvesting holds a massive potential that everyone should harness [49:39]
- Lifestyle design and living life the way you want it [51:31]
Links from the show:
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason (https://amzn.to/2F08K7I)
About Our Guest:
Charley Valher is a household name among business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs. He is the Founder and CPO of Valher Media, helping entrepreneurs scale their business through the business of podcasting. His expertise has helped launch multiple podcasters into becoming one of the best in their field.
Connect with Us:
- The Investor Lab Membership
- Dashdot Buyers Agents Website
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath
- Ready to work with us directly?
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!