The goal of every property investor should be to create a portfolio with the optimal combination of risk and reward, BUT most of them never get past two properties – and it’s very hard to build a balanced portfolio with two assets.
So, how do you maintain a good mix in your portfolio while keeping your risks, returns, and capital allocation in check?
Today, we talk about a concept called the “efficient frontier” – a powerful tool property investors use to establish the most efficient rate of return and capital allocation.
To dig more into this, we’ve got Charley Valher of Valher Media joining in as we tackle the efficient frontier curve, the Modern Portfolio theory, expensive versus cheap property, buying stigmatized units, and identifying gentrifying areas.
If you love this episode, let us know by emailing us at [email protected], and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and share this podcast!
See you on the inside!
In this episode, we cover:
- Finding the Efficient Frontier curve [02:59]
- Building an efficient & diverse property portfolio [05:53]
- The formula behind the Modern Portfolio Theory [09:06]
- The best approach when starting a property portfolio [13:27]
- Can units and apartments still perform well in Australia? [19:40]
- The right way to structure your portfolio and avoid getting “stuck” [25:54]
- Wealth vs Cash flow: Understanding your real estate goals [28:47]
- Should you consider buying stigmatized property? [33:53]
- Identifying gentrification and the Commodore Theory of Growth [38:47]
- The value of talking to locals when scouting property [41:30]
Links from the Show:
- Visit Asset Blocks
Charley Valher is a household name among business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs. He is the Founder and CPO of Valher Media, helping entrepreneurs scale their business through the business of podcasting. His expertise has helped launch multiple podcasters into becoming one of the best in their field.
Connect with Us:
- Dashdot Website (https://www.dashdot.com.au/)
- Limitless: The Renegade’s Guide to Building Wealth Through Property – Goose McGrath (https://www.renegadespropertybook.com)
- Ready to work with us directly? (https://dashdot.com.au/discovery)
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast with others you know will benefit from the show!